How to remove stains on walls and ceiling
Stains in the kitchen are inevitable. Even if there is a good hood, you can't avoid fat spots anyway.
In addition, wives send their smoking husbands to the kitchen to «smoke». Resins from tobacco smoke, settling on the walls, form persistent stains that appear through the paint or wallpaper even after repair.
And the ugly traces on the ceiling, flooded with neighbors from above, it seems, will never hide any repairs. Still, do not despair. The means to successfully combat this kind of stains on walls or ceilings exist. The solution to the problem can be a properly selected surface primer before painting or wallpaper sticker.
Removing stains on walls or ceiling
- Before starting work, it is necessary to brush off coarse dirt, peeling paint and peeling wallpaper.
- Then the surface of the ceiling or wall should be washed with warm soapy water. You can use a regular dishwashing detergent.
- Now let the surface dry thoroughly, and proceed to priming. It serves as a kind of filter, so the finished mass is applied directly to the old paint.
- Then let the primer dry naturally, following the instructions. On average, it will take about 12 hours at a temperature of 20 degrees.
- After thorough drying, feel free to apply paint (in two or three layers) or glue wallpaper.
|Share this page on social networks:|