Installing the door peephole. How to install a door peephole
Our life now is such that you can open the door to a guest only by making sure who is really standing on the other side of it. To hear a familiar voice, of course, is good... But, as they say, «it's better to see once...» And there is nothing shameful here — «God takes care!». Therefore, the door peephole is a necessity dictated by harsh times. It is not so expensive, and you can install a door peephole in the door leaf yourself.
The eyes on sale are very different in design, size, and price. You can choose any one for yourself, the main thing is that its installation dimensions correspond to the thickness of the canvas of your entrance door. But, as a rule, they can vary widely in almost all eyes.
It is also desirable that the angle of the field of view the door peephole was at least 170° (such eyes are also called wide-angle). Then the «guest» will not hide from you and pressed against the wall at the door. And it is better if the outer lens is made of glass, not plastic — it scratches less, and therefore more durable.
How to install a door peephole with your own hands
1. In order not to spoil the lining of the door leaf when marking, a strip of paper adhesive tape, for example, paint tape, is glued at the desired height. On it, the position of the center of the hole under the peephole is marked in any available way.
2. After measuring the landing diameter of the eye (for a part with an internal thread), a drill bit of a slightly larger diameter is selected — by 0.3-0.5 mm, best of all — screw or corkscrew.
3. A simple way: it is enough to attach a mirror to the door leaf, and any deviation of the drill from the desired position will immediately catch your eye.
4. After drilling the door leaf not through, but only so that the guiding center of the tool comes out, drilling the hole continues from the opposite side. Thanks to this, it will be possible to avoid gouging the veneer on the front surfaces of the door.
5. Having unscrewed the peephole into two parts, one (with an external thread) is inserted from the outside of the door leaf, and the other, respectively, from the inside, and they are screwed by hand.
6. Tighten the peephole using slots on its inner rim. To prevent the screwdriver from falling off, its sting must enter both slots. You can simply take a steel plate of suitable thickness.
|Share this page on social networks:|